Google+

Friday, November 18, 2011

I've always done what I felt instinctively right: Sonal Chauhan



Sonal Chauhan
Sonal Chauhan has been lying low after making her debut in the hit film Jannat . Though the girl was offered another plum project by the Bhatts, she turned it down. She says her decisions are driven by her instinct.
While newcomers look out to cash in on the success of their first film, Sonal has been biding her time and choosing projects selectively rather than lapping up anything coming her way. Today, instead of any big budgeted Bollywood potboiler, she's doing a film on painter M F Hussain's biopic. The film is being directed by Hussain's son Owais.

"The moment I heard Owais' project I knew this was what I wanted to do. I didn't care how commercial it sounded. It just sounded right for me. I've always done what I instinctively felt to be right,"

Sonal has been shooting the film in Chandigarh where she even suffered a burn injury during one of the shoots.

"It could've been much worse. There I was on a crane, heading towards the sky when these two floodlights came close to my face. No one had any idea how warm the lights were. By the time I was brought down the damage had already been done. I was singed and in pain," Sonal revealed.

But did she not feel bad turning down the Bhatts film Jashnn despite the fact that the Bhatts launched her in Bollywood.

"I wouldn't say I turned them down. It (the film) was just not what I wanted to do at that time," Sonal said.

But Sonal doesn't have any regrets. The latest on her front is that she has signed to play a female lead in director Anthony D'Souza 's next thriller after Blue . The movie would star her opposite John Abraham .

"Yes, we've met and I'm doing Tony's film," Sonal confirmed.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

hr kadam hame aajmalena ham kalbhi terehi sat te aor ab bhi bas tu sat de jaye to jindagi bharbhi terehi sat hoge