Google+

Friday, November 11, 2011

Music's passion, not work for me: Sunidhi



The scintillating and ever graceful singer Sunidhi Chauhan who started singing at the age of four has now been credited with over 2000 songs. Here's Sunidhi Chauhan in a tete-a-tete with TOI...

Did you recently record a song with Enrique?
Yes I did. It was a wonderful experience and the song has turned out well. It will release soon.

'Sheila Ki Jawani' and 'Munni Badnam Hui' were the hottest item numbers of 2010. Which is your personal favourite?
Obviously, Sheila as I've sung it, but I also like Munni and I groove whenever it is played.

You have worked with Vishal and Shekhar many times. How well do you bond with them?
We are very good friends and have recorded many songs together. We enjoy a lot while working. Sometimes, we only end up talking rather than working.

Which is the best song you have sung so far?
'Le Chale' from My Brother Nikhil .

Do you think it's the era of raunchy item numbers?
There is nothing fixed in case of music. Raunchy numbers did well in past and will continue to do so. A song is accepted if it sounds good and soothing to the ears.

Do you think that the singers do not enjoy as much recognition as the actors do?
Actors are the front face of a movie but songs form an essential part of a movie. Songs are the first thing that attracts people. In a way both complement each other. Moreover, people recognize us also. Lakhs of people gather only to see us performing.

Why did you choose singing as a profession?
Singing just happened to me. I started singing at the age of four and I knew that this is the only thing I could do. Singing is more like a passion than work for me.

Your inspiration for music...
Music itself is an inspiration!

Your favourite singer...
I love Lata Mangeshkar's singing; she is a Goddess to me. I also adore Mahalaxmi Iyer, Sadhana Sargam and Reshma.

Any plans of acting?
A firm no.

Are you seeing someone?
No, I'm not!

No comments: